Portland’s Carpet Installation & Carpet Supplier
Linoleum City in Portland has carpeting from Shaw, Mohawk & more! Our carpeting store offers a wide selection of carpet and by carrying full rolls of carpet in stock, we pass the carpet savings down to you! Carpet creates a warmth and comfort in your home unlike any other type of flooring. There are so many carpeting colors and textures to choose from, we know we can find the right carpet for you.
Carpet Textures Our Store Has To Choose From
These have fibers that are twisted and have a very ‘curly’ surface texture. The frieze cut pile creates a more casual, contemporary look that minimizes footprints as well as vacuuming marks, so you can use it in areas with heaver traffic.
A soft texture with a smooth surface that minimizes footprints. It is perfect for areas that are frequently used, but do not require a highly formal look.
These textured fibers are less likely to show vacuum marks or footprints than a Saxony.
An elegant, soft carpet that is ideal for that formal look of velvet. It has a smooth, sheen which shows every footprint. They are often used when creating a sophisticated ambience.
A bold style, often combined in a variety of textures and thicknesses to create a stylish, trendy statement.
Nubby, plump yarns add a touch of luxury.
Whether Level Loop or Multi-Level Loop pile, this is very durable carpet. Because they are made of a continuous uncut surface, Loops stand up to traffic and resist matting and crushing. The Multi-Level Loop is made of differing loop heights which create a more interesting pattern.
Cut & Loop
Both Cut and Loop yarns are combined to create sculpted effects or unique patterns that go well in either a contemporary or formal area.
Within carpet maintenance, there is a plethora of carpet tips and tricks that we use at Linoleum City. Here is a list of some of the best maintenance tactics:
- Using a quality carpet pad can increase the longevity of your carpet and it increases the overall comfort as well.
- Vacuuming frequently will gather up dust and dirt particles so they do not spread throughout the home.
- Occasionally moving heavy furniture will decrease wear and tear on certain areas.
- Breaking up direct sunlight on carpet, even with lighter carpet will decrease fading.
- Either schedule a professional carpet cleaning service or a do-it-yourself program.
- Linoleum City uses only the best brands of carpet cleaners Shaw’s RX2 stain and soil removal supplies.
This premier natural fiber offers ultimate comfort and yields a soft, warm, comfortable feel. Although wool does not possess natural resistance to moisture or abrasion, it ages well and is easy to clean. It is a soft carpet with high bulk and high performance resulting in it being the most expensive carpet fiber.
Nylon is the most widely used carpet fiber. It is incredibly durable and resilient. Nylon carpet fiber is soft yet strong, shows color brilliantly, and cleans well. Thought not inherently stain resistant, most nylons are treated with a stain-resist carpet treatment for protection against household spills and stains. It is resistant to matting and wear and can endure heavy weight. That makes nylon a good choice for virtually any area in the home, even heavy traffic areas.
A strong, stain resistant fiber. It’s ever growing popularity is due to the use of Berber style loop carpets. It is a strong fiber, easy to clean and extremely resistant to stains and wear. Because it is solution dyed, which means the color is added during production and not dyed later, it is notably colorfast. The color is such an inherent part of the fiber you can even clean polypropylene with bleach. It is also mildew and moisture resistant. A good fiber choice of carpet for all areas in the home.
Polyester is an exceptionally soft carpet fiber that is ideal for thick, cut pile styles. It is naturally and permanently stain and fade resistant. Polyester is a fiber that cleans easily and is also resistant to water-soluble stains.
The twist of the fiber is the way the fiber filaments are spun into yarn, and how the yarn is in turn twisted upon itself. Twist is usually locked into the fibre with a steam or heat-setting. The tighter the twist, the more the carpet will resist changes in appearance and texture.
During carpet manufacturing, natural or synthetic fiber is converted to yarn and tufted, or locked into a backing to form the pile or surface that you walk on. There are five major types of carpet fiber – nylon 6,6, nylon 6, polypropylene (olefin), polyester, and wool; the most popular being nylon. Ideal for carpeting, nylon 6,6 is a man-made fiber that is wear-resistant (soil and stain resistant). Its natural properties allow for a very wide range of colors and color blends and the newest fibers offer the look and feel of wool, but with much less maintenance and expense.
Density describes the amount of pile in the carpet and how close the tufts are to one another. In general, the more dense the carpet the better the quality. Check density by pressing your fingers on the carpet and trying to reach the backing. It will be difficult to reach the backing of a very dense carpet. With the tufts facing outward, bend the carpet into a U shape to see how much of the carpet backing shows. The less backing you see, the more dense the carpet.
- Quickly cleaning spills will not only keep the stain from settling, it will also be easier to clean. You want to use a padding technique when absorbing up a stain. Wiping the stain back and forth can make the stain settle into the carpet. If you apply a padding technique with pressure, the stain will lift more efficiently.
- Regular carpet cleaning is a must when maintaining your carpet. You can either work with a professional service or you can do it yourself.
- Moving large furniture every once and a while will help keep your carpet looking new longer.
- When having carpet installed or installing it yourself, make sure and use a quality carpet pad. Having a quality carpet pad not only increases the comfort under foot, it will improve the life of your carpet; especially on stairs.
- A quality vacuum cleaner will help maintain carpet life as well. A quality vacuum will extract dirt much easier and also it will not recirculate that dirt your just picked up.
Stop by Linoleum City in Portland and talk with our carpet experts if you have any other questions regarding carpet care and maintenance.